Turtledove wanted to have European history play out in North America in TL-191. What if he took that parallelism further, and not only stuck with the McSweeny Hitler idea, but also started to make Europe as a whole parallel America? Here are some ideas, but more are welcome.
- The Federal Republic of America is the kingpin of the North American Union. Want to forget the McSweeny days.
- The Third Southron Confederacy (founded after the Cuban-Confederate War, which was a humiliating defeat for the Confederacy), just got attacked by the Gran Colombian People's Liberation Army.
- Canada avoided a Quebecois separation referendum, but itself may leave the NAU.
- The Germanic Union is the greatest power in the world, and just got out of a long war in Venezuela.
- The Socialist Republic of Russia is a rising star. German politicians occasionally complain about products that are "Made in Russia."
- The Vietnamese Empire (North Vietnam) just tested another nuclear weapon. I guess they need more aid.